Monday, March 7, 2011

Its just the beginning....of March!

We had such an awesome weekend!!! It started off with us celebrating your 4 month HB'day at Atch & Dave's. The drive there was pretty intense. I had "Better Me" by Keyshia Cole on replay and I started crying, then Jin started crying, then Isa did too! (Keila didnt ride with us so she wasnt there to put on her "crunk music" and get all hyphy to make me laugh. LoL) It was emotional, but gross at the same time cuz we didnt have any tissue in the car to wipe our tears and blow our noses!

Saturday we all headed to mom & dads in Vallejo to meet up with the rest of the fam to celebrate all the March b'days. Including yours, of course:). Lani even made a special cupcake for you with your name on it. I let Dillion chow it down.

After the partay the sistas headed to Napa for our semi-annual CHARLI (Cabrera.Haight.Aragon.Ruiz.Lail.Ignacio) getaway. Ate Mae got the hookup on an awesome suite which was basically a condo-turned-resort property. We left all our burdens at the door, hung out, got hooked-up even more for dinner, watched a movie, tasted some real good wine, and had an amazing time together! I'm so blessed to have such a close, loving, FUN family!!!

While we were in Napa, our eldest girls (high school & up) were all at Rie's house for their own little getaway! They did all sorts of girly stuff, watched movies, and started a Bible study called "A Young Woman After God's Own Heart." It's so funny how our family is big enough for small group studies! LoL

The guys were talkin about that paintball outing you were workin on putting together. I think its gonna happen! Wish you were here to join them, but rest assured, you'll be there in spirit...

We're all gonna go see you on Thursday and have lunch in Oakland to celebrate yours and Dave's b'days. I still am tickled at the fact that you, Dave, Pastor Ron, and even Al (the amazing funeral director who helped us) were all born on March 10! You're all such strong, passionate men of God and thats why our girls arent allowed to bring any man over to meet momma unless they were born on March 10th as well:)!

Then there's Friday. Oh Friday! March 11th. The day that changed our lives in so many ways 7 years ago. The day we found a best friend in eachother, and later fell in love. Your 4 month HB'day was more emotional for me than the past three, but I think its because it's so close to 3/11 and I've got that on my mind too. Only the Lord knows how I'll be on Friday! I gave up trying to plan on a certain mood or temperment for these significant days of ours because no matter what, I've been way off!

Saturday, Annah & I are going to the KFSH Worship Roadshow concert at Arco Arena. We've been anticipating this for months! Then on Sunday we'll be going to worship with our Refuge Community Church family in Lafayette for their 1 year anniversary service. It seems like just yesterday that we had the "grand opening" service! Its been a whole year! Now this is another one of those things I cant plan on how I'm gonna be. It'll be my first time at the church since you relocated to Heaven and our first time there without you! I'm sure I'll see & feel you everywhere I look...but at least the girls and I will be surrounded by a church full of people who love and have helped and prayed for us without ceasing from the start.

So, thats how my weekend went and whats happening this weekend. I would ask you to pray for me, but you're in Heaven so just stroll down them streets of gold to wherever you can sit and chat with Jesus over some coffee, jamba juice, or even protein shakes if thats what He likes. Please ask Him to help me get my head together for a test I'm taking on Wednesday. Its a "pre" test to see if I'm smart enough to take the real proficiency test to get into Sutter as an medical assistant. I NEED THIS BABE! The girls need me to get this!

Thats it for now. 1434