Friday, March 11, 2011

Your Legacy

I still get messages from people close to you in the last few years, and here's one I got last night that I wanted to share: "The funny thing is Mark and I would never talk about work, but always about family life. I remember him often talking about his love, sharing parenting stories, and all the hard work he was putting in to be a provider. This always left an impression with me, and to this day I couldn't begin to comprehend what his loss has meant to your family. I rejoice in the time he was here and I will tell you as small as our conversations were, he has left a lasting legacy and impression with me on my ideals of fatherhood. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you and the family for keeping his memories alive through Facebook!"

In the 7 years I had the privlege of having you in my life, you went from an amazing man to an extraordinary man right before my eyes, and of those close to you. It was definately a blessing to be by your side through it all. We all hold on to memories that stand out the most in our minds, and I thank God that the memories I hold close are of the man of God you spent your last years on this earth passionately pursuing to be.

Faith, Hope & Love. 3 things that shined bright through your life and you were an example of to others. You saw God through eyes of FAITH and knew, without question, that His Word is Truth. You had Biblical HOPE (certainty, not probability) of Salvation, and were soooo ready to spend Eternity in Heaven. Your LOVE for God above all things, and your constant choices to love others no matter what. These are the things that those who knew you will remember of you. Your testimony, your FB posts, your words and actions, your commitments, and the way you spent your days...all this is the legacy you left and will live on through all your loved ones. Now that shows the tremendous impact you left on this broken world babee...1434