Thursday, March 10, 2011

7 Years and Counting...

7 years ago we met on MYSPACE, of all places! Our lives were forever changed on March 11, 2004. It seems like everything happened so fast after that day, but in reality we took our sweet time. We were the best of friends for a couple years before we finally realized that we were it. We were created for one another. Everything in our lives, the good and the bad, prepared us for the love we fell into. We often talked about the fact that there wasnt a thing we could even try to regret about our crazy pasts because if we didnt experience everything we did then we wouldnt have appreciated the love we had for eachother.

I often think about how we so easily couldnt have been...How in the beginning, there were so many "too good to be true" moments that made us stop and question the reality of US. There were plenty of times I tried so hard to push you away because I felt you deserved so much more than someone like me who suffered from so many bumps and bruises when it came to love. But you never left us. You were determined to be my man and Papa to the girls! You chose us! And that, my love, is something I'll be forever grateful for.

We found so many similar qualities in one another...and as time passed, it became so clear that we were eachothers answered prayer. Who were we to question what God intended from the start?

For almost 7 years, not a day passed that I didnt have the privlege of knowing that you were here with me under the same sky. I got to hear your strong, yet soothing voice every single day...literally! As much of a techy as you were, text/email was never enough. We spoke over the phone, if not in person, every single day! I cant even begin to explain how much I long to hear your voice again!

Holding hands everywhere we went, the random winks from across the room, the forehead kisses just because I was sitting next to you, the big bear hugs that reminded me how secure I was with you, the playful kisses that grossed the girls out, the singing and dancing in the kitchen, the lock-holds the girls would try to break open to get to me, the long hugs that would turn into a lock-hold-game after the girls would catch us...and all our other affectionate ways are over!

Your desire to be "the man" and head of our household no matter what, your longing to become a man pleasing in God's eyes, your natural papa-skills and the passion you showed each day to be everything they could ever want and need in a papa, your selfless ways of making sure we had whatever we needed and the way you'd literally blush and had that "awe shucks" feeling when we'd do for you what you'd do for us...and the many, MANY other ways you led our family will never be again!

All of the above ended on November 4, 2010. Its so easy to say/write that...but it feels impossible for me to accept it! I thank God everyday that we showed our appreciation towards one another all the time. The day you left, the girls and I had NO doubts about who we were to you! And likewise, we can confidently say that you knew what you were to us. You chose us and we chose you. That means a lot, especially considering that the girls could have easily rebelled and gave you a hard time 'just because'! I bet though that if they did, you wouldve quickly won them over:)!

No matter how painful things are right now, not one day goes by where I regret our love, not even for a second! Regardless of who chooses to accept it or not, our love is as real as it gets.

Thank you for making the past 7 years the best years of my life! And even though its hard to comprehend now, I'll be a better me for the rest of my life just because of you! 1434