Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh Widowhood!

Oh babee...a woman just asked me why I still wear a wedding ring because I'm single now and was supposed to take it off. I'm sure the look on my face when I walked back to my car without saying a word made her realize she hit a nerve. She came to me as I was sitting in my car and apologized "if" she offended me. She said she didn't know if I was aware that I didn't "have to" wear it anymore because I'm so young and not many of us young women know that. I still said nothing and the silence made her walk away. Why do I feel bad for being rude??? And my goodness...why am I crying???

Wait-I know why I'm crying! I MISS YOU! Anytime we'd experience rudeness or have wierd things happen to us, the first thing we'd do is call or text eachother. We never liked making a fuss over ourselves, so rather than going off on whoever did us wrong we'd vent to eachother and find comfort. Then make fun of that person amongst ourselves and laugh it off...

People always referred to us as "Mark and Lei, the good and happy couple." I sure hope everyone understood that we were just 2 imperfect people who happen to complete one another. We experienced the same problems, selfishness, feelings that most couples do-we just handled it all as a couple, rather than individually like many out there. Our first step was always to see the situation thru the other persons eyes. That always made us realize that there were no hurtful intentions in whatever went wrong. After that, everything went back uphill...sometimes slowly, but positive progression for sure.

I'll forever miss our relationship. Not just our love or our marriage...but the way we were to and with eachother. The mutual respect we had for one another is what so many couples lack (in my opinion, of course), and its sad to see.

In order to truly have God in the center of a relationship, RESPECT is key! Well, I obviously have a lot on my mind right now. I wish I could just blog the live long day, but its time for me to drive so I'll be back boo-boose! 1434