Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Your Testimony

Two years ago, you shared your testimony before family and the TCBC congregation, and were baptized. I can't figure out how to upload the video because it's in a format I'm not familiar with, but I did find your written testimony which is what you shared that day.

"I believe to have grown up as a person of faith. Although I knew of Jesus, I did not have a relationship with him. Almost 5 years ago, I started to build my relationship with Christ. I was going through a divorce and felt like I did not do all that I should have in order to live a good life. I secluded myself from everyone (including God and my faith) and didn’t know how to face everyone that I was 25 and will be divorced. I didn’t want anyone to know, not even my family. I made it all seem like nothing was different. Then Leila and I got acquainted and started to talk to each other about our beliefs in the Lord. I found comfort in looking to Jesus and leaving my mercy to him.

It was the end of 2004 that I was saved. I took it upon myself to seek out a Christian Church and went to an evening service at a church in San Jose. I remember feeling overwhelmed by the comfort I felt in letting my worries go and decided that all my struggles are there to bring me closer to him. That evening, I fell into tears and did not know why I felt empty for so long. I came to realize that I was not messing up my life, I was just not looking for answers in the right place. I am not in control and will not have control. I surrender my life for him to do as he wants for me.

Right now I still consider myself an infant in my walk with Christ. So much has changed in the years since I was saved. I have come to find my wife and three daughters that I Love so much. Although I struggle with everything, I am able to provide for my family. I am slowly getting closer with my family after distancing myself from them in the first place.

I want to be baptized to show and express to everyone that Jesus Christ is my choice. Jesus has died for our sins and gave us salvation. And although I am nowhere near his grace, I would like to proclaim to everyone that my life is for him. I have not been a person of many words, but my life has opened up more now that I have accepted him. The best way I can show that I have surrendered my life to him is to get baptized symbolizing the end of my past and following a new way.

I do have assurance that I am saved just as it was in the Old Testament, the lamb’s life was taken to spare ourselves from Death, Jesus Christ had given his life in order for our lives to be spared. So long as I believe in Him and do what I can as he wishes, I am saved!"


Today, I'm reflecting on that special day and the man of God you were. I'm thankful everyday that you led our family the way you did, and continue to do through the legacy you left.

1434