Sunday, April 24, 2011

another "first"

What a day to feel so sad! It's RESURRECTION DAY, a day of celebration! But I've been up crying for the past hour and a half thinking of how much I miss and need you so much...


If you were here, you'd be up with me right now helping prepare for the feast we'll be having tomorrow with the family. We'd be filling these Easter eggs together (last minute, of course). Another BIG day in our lives...


In a few hours, we'd be filling up the cooler with our potato-mac salad and chicken marinade. Then you would pack up the truck (like only you could). We'd head to Refuge Community Church for service, then head to Mom and Dad's in Vallejo for yet another family gathering full of food, fellowship and fun!


As much as I want to celebrate Christ's victory over death, I'm sitting here sad, lonely and frustrated. Nothings the same. As much as I believe that God's will is always right, I can't help but feel like you not being here is so wrong...


Another "first" without you. I'm praying that I wake up refreshed and that I can get through this day with strength only God can provide. Goodnight Mr. Love-of-my-life. 1434