Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thankful

On July 27 at 10:22pm, you posted as your FB status:
"Francis Chan, author of Crazy Love, was asked by his wife, 'What do you love most from me'. He responds...'of everyone on this earth, you bug me the least.' - HAHAHA that's love..."

I soooooo miss listening to sermons with you! My heart would melt everytime you'd get all excited over something said. What Christian wife wouldn't love, appreciate and admire her husband for desiring to be a Godly man??? I think that of all the things I miss about having you here, your contagious desire to be an image-bearer of Christ is at the top of the list! You took Mark 10:45 ("For the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve…") to heart, and lived like it! You revealed your heart well on August 11 at 3:19pm when you updated your FB status to:
"God, direct me towards mentorship. Give me discernment as I weigh choices in my life. I pray for Your leading so I can read words written by Men of God, listen to the lessons and emulate those that live righteous and Holy. I long to be the man you created me to be."

Another thing at the top of that list is that you were so FUN to be around!!! Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE TO LAUGH!!! A couple weeks ago, I wrote about how we made whatever time we spent together QUALITY time...well, that quality time was usually spent with a lot of laughter:)! You taught me not to stress as much as I used to over things that just weren't worth it! The Serenity Prayer comes to mind because you're the only person I know who memorized the whole thing, and would recite it to me whenever I needed to hear it!
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

I was a paranoid wreck when you met me, and I thank God that you impacted my life in such a way that I now know how to choose my battles better. The battles of my mind, and of the world. I'm still not as good as you were at it, but I'm getting there. :)

One more thing I wanna mention before I go to sleep (or at least attempt to) is how thankful I am that you weren't only an amazing husband/papa in private...you were the same amazing husband/papa in public too! No matter who was around, you took pride in loving us with all your heart, mind and soul! I was talking to Ate Sette about this earlier...about how lucky I am that you were so REAL at all times because no one would believe me otherwise! LoL Thank you for being my very own "Fairytale Lover" in real life!

Goodnight my babee-boo-boo-head. 1434