Monday, June 13, 2011

Facing It

"Without Christ, I can't face it. I can only face what a pill can solve. I can only face what an affair can solve. I can only face what drinking too much or eating too much or spending too much or crying a lot or watching TV or reading or watching soap operas can solve, which isn't the real me." (Larry Crabb)


I hate to say it, but I can so relate to what He's saying here! Once my family got back to their "normal" lives (which was a good and necessary thing for them to do) I was left with two options: Face the reality of losing you, or not. For a while, I refused to face anything, and it got me nowhere - FAST!

Thankfully, my hope and faith kept me from sinking which would've eventually led me to drowning! No matter how hard I tried to numb the pain or deny it's severity God sent constant reminders in my life of who He is and what I have to look forward to. There are times when I'd pray for "my time" to come much sooner than later...then one of our beautiful girls would come into the room and kiss me outta the blue and tell me she loves me. Now that is nothing short of a GOD-thang!

I have moments like that here and there...but no matter what, by the time I lay my head on my pillow at night, I am calm and thankful for another day.

"My peace I give you." John 14:24
Outwardly, Christ endured one of the most troubled lives ever lived. Storms and turmoil, turmoil and storms--wave after wave broke over Him until His worn body was laid in the tomb. YET His inner life was as smooth as a sea of glass, and a great calm was always there. (Streams in the Desert)

***

By now I'm sure you've met up with our dear brother Fred Perry - husband of Precious Perry. Our Heavenly Father called him home today and although our hearts are heavy, we all know he's in the best hands. I'm positive that, like you, he will remain close to Precious and their family until they all meet again in Heaven.

1434