Thursday, June 2, 2011

FOCUS!

Today was exhausting! Emotionally, at least. I woke up pleasantly suprised this morning. Jason & Rama hooked us up w/ some groceries. God is soooooo movin!!! Nuff said!

BUT, that horrible headache I had all day yesterday didn't go away until about an hour and a half ago, and the list of all the difficulties in my life right now were all I could think of. Over the last 7 months, I've found myself at one of two extremes - numb to everything, or drowning in tears. Most of the time - numb, but I don't know if that's good or bad............

Whoa! Checkout the GriefShare email that just hit my inbox! LITERALLY, as I was typing!

A Sharpened Focus
Day 200

"When you know that this life is not all there is," says Anne Graham Lotz, "and you know that one day you are going to be standing before God giving an account of your life, and you know that there is a great big eternity out there when we are going to worship the Lamb and forever glorify Him, it gives you a seriousness about life now. It sharpens your focus and motivates you to live every moment of your life fully to the glory of God."

Train yourself to focus on eternity. Focus on the big picture, not on your own limited life on earth.

In some ways you probably feel more unfocused than you have ever felt in your life, as if you are walking around in a constant fog of grief. In other ways you may feel more alert than ever because you are observing life from a completely different perspective. Many things--from the simple to the complex--take on a different meaning or level of importance to you. Sharpen your focus on the God of eternity by reading His Word daily. Stop trying to handle your tumultuous life alone.



It's so frustrating sometimes to have to continually remind myself of this! When you were here with us, we had eachother to be that reminder to have a Kingdom focus. I guess that's where these emails come in handy.

MISS YOU SO MUCH BABE!!!!! 1434