Saturday, June 11, 2011

Remember when...

We celebrated Daddy's 80th b'day today. What's funny is that we celebrated his 79th at the same place last year, and you got to be a part of it. Why did we go big for his 79th knowing we'd do the same thing for his 80th??? My guess is cuz the good Lord knew you wouldn't be here this year. Jus sayin...





We had such a nice time celebrating with family and friends-old and new. Not many people live such full lives, make it to 80, and still keep going at practically the same pace! He's still a full-time disciple maker and he has no plans on quitting. I spoke to him the other day about how Keila's dream is to have him walk her down the isle when she gets married...he said "ok" with such certainty.


Right now we're at the Lails for the after-party, as usual. Justin made Daddy a slideshow and at first I was fine watching it...till a picture of you came up. I still kept my cool...only a few tears-until all the slides from Mama & Daddy's 50th wedding anniversary. Other than Mama, who you had met earlier in 2006 when she came out to visit in SoCal, it was your first time meeting my entire family! All at once (you poor thing)!


So I started ballin...reminiscing about the official introduction at the Cabreras house. Everyone was acting a fool (lol), but you kept your cool and ended up leaving the house that night as part of the family. No awkwardness at all...you made your way into everyones hearts with ease. It was beautiful!


I excused myself from the family room in the middle of the slideshow, went outside with my mimosa and cried. Like a baby! Seriously...I let it all out! It hurt to think that we'll never get a chance to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Our grandkids will never get a chance to put 50 years of pictures into a slideshow. In fact, we won't even have 50 years of pictures!


*sigh* THIS SUCKS!!! But no matter what, I thank God for the pictures and memories we do have. Even though they're from a "short" period of time, they're more than enough to last forever. God made sure of that by giving us such a rare love to share.


1434