Monday, February 21, 2011

Learning to be Content

I just unpacked another box. I inhaled your scent off of every shirt of yours. It'll be a while before I go through another box. Who knows when I'll ever be completely unpacked?!?! To say "I miss you" just doesnt do my feelings justice!

We've had a nice weekend. Lani and the kids were over yesterday and she made us some yummy shrimp alfredo w/ asparagus, AND gave me her recipe. We also picked up Alana from her dad, sisters and Uncle Alex at Arden Fair Mall after their visit with Christian. Today the Matsu's came to visit and Jessica too, for a bit. Atch and Gabbi are staying the night too. Atch is taking Lala driving tomorrow (watch out Sacramento!!! LoL).

All the fun company this weekend wasnt enough to push my sadness far enough away though because unpacking this one box was all it took to remind me of how much missing you hurts. Sometimes I wonder how long it'll take before the raw, intense pain stops...then I read or hear stories of women years after they lost their husbands who say they still experience what I am, and I tell myself I oughta get used to it. I cant imagine there's a way to build up a tolerance to it, or any form of immunity against it, so to learn to be content with it is all I can do.

"Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

Missing you and wishing you could leave me a comment just one time...1434.