Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who am I? ...again!

Funny how I titled my second-to-last post "Who am I?"... Checkout todays GriefShare email:

Who Am I?
Day 121

"Who am I?" asks Heidi. "I Had identified with this person; I had become one with this person. Our hopes and dreams were together. And now, who am I?"

When you are confused and uncertain, and you don't even know who you are anymore, remember that these feelings are expected with the loss of a spouse. Spend time working through these bewildering thoughts, and don't rush this process.

Trying to skip steps on your grief journey will not aid your healing; it will only set you back. Your identity is not gone; it just needs to be rediscovered.

"Know That the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture" (Psalm 100:3).

Lord, show me what it means to belong to You. Amen.