Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Who am I?

Once again, another "on time" GriefShare email... This, my love, is what's been on my brain. Just like the lyrics from one of our many songs, "you're the only other half that makes me whole". 1434

Shared Identity
Day 120

You shared a one-flesh relationship. Your identities, your very beings, were interwoven with each other. When your spouse died, you lost a large part of your identity, leaving you unsure of who you are.

Marie, whose husband passed away, says, "It was like trying to discover who I was all over again. For so many years you're a wife and a mother, and now all of a sudden, I'm no longer ----'s wife. After being married seventeen years, I had to figure out, what do I do with my life now?"

In order to find yourself, you must first find the Lord Jesus. And if you already know the Lord, then just as He established your identity during your marriage, He will show you who you are now.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned" (John 15:5-6).

Lord, my life is an outgrowth of Yours. May I build my new identity on this strong foundation. Amen