Friday, May 13, 2011

Journey to ETERNITY

"It becomes us to spend this life only as a journey toward heaven...Why should we labor for or set our hearts on anything else, but that which is our proper end and true happiness?" Jonathan Edwards

When I think of those words, I get all giddy inside:). In Heaven, I'll not only be united with my Heavenly Father...I'll also be reunited with you, my Lola, and the many other friends and family who have gone before me! This temporary life here on earth ain't nothin compared to the eternal life I have to look forward to in Heaven!

That, my love, is what I remind myself everyday (many times throughout the day) to help me get through this pain. I wish it made the pain go away, but I'm human. Life right now sucks without you. The biblical truth that says we won't be husband and wife in Heaven sucks too...but thank God we'll have the memories of our unique love as we live forever in perfect harmony.

The girls and I have been going thru a lot of "I wish papa were here" moments lately. Months ago, those moments would bring us down. Rest assured that our perspective has changed and missing you no longer puts a pause on life. We, as a family, are learning to live through this pain knowing that it's temporary and we'll eventually reunite with you for the last time...and from that moment on, it's all about ETERNITY!

1434