Monday, January 17, 2011

Our close to "normal" weekend...

This past weekend flew by! Saturday was Alana's b'day party. I dropped of Isa and Jin at the Matsuhara's in Tracy and picked up Annah on the way to Oakland. The drive was nice, but as we apporached San Leandro on 580 my heart started racing. Even more so as we passed the MacArthur exit. Even Keila said her heart was racing...

As we were approaching the apartment, I started to realize that I haven't been inside since 11/13/10. The day we moved. Nervousness/anxiety began to set in because memories of the five of us living there started racing thru my mind. Al and dad were outside when we pulled up. I greeted dad as he was leaving, and Al convinced me to check-out the place. Plus, I had to greet Alana. The place looks so different, but familiar. Without a doubt, I was reminded of random memories everywhere I looked. The many hours we spent on our sides of the desk...Club Aragon scary-oke nights and dominoes in the backyard...dancing or just holding eachother in the kitchen until the girls would get in between us...all the nights you'd tuck me in on the couch before leaving for work...and, of course, our last night/early morning together when you spoke your last words to me - "I love you more."

Annah and I didn't stay too long. We went to Alameda Towne Centre. I drove around to point out all the different places we frequented. Then we went to "our" Borders:). In the cafe, I immediately pointed out the corner we'd always sit to Annah. We sat and chatted about life for a bit, then we went to "our" sushi spot-Sushi House. I wasn't hungry enough to get The Boat, like we used to share, and I wasn't brave enough to get the Hella Hot roll like you loved to get, but I posted a picture of it for you on Facebook/Twitter:). Annah and I each ordered two rolls, but only finished half of each! If you were there, we wouldn't have had any leftovers to bring home! :) Gosh...I miss you!!!!

Then we went back to Alana's party and hung out for a bit. As soon as we pulled up, I saw Sean-who was about to leave. I'm glad I got there when I did...getting to chat with him, even for just a little bit was the highlight of my night. After he left, Annah and I spent most of the time chillin in the front chattin with Cuzin Allan and Al. I just LOVE talking about you...and that's pretty much all we did! :) I must say-that was my favorite Saturday (without you) so far...

After bringing Annah home and picking up the girls from her house, we finally got home pretty late/early in the morning. The girls and I spent Sunday sleeping. NICE! It was the most sleep i've gotten since you were with us!

Today, we (well, mostly the girls because I was online trying to figure out my school situation) cleaned the house. Today was as "normal" as it has been for us lately. Aside from my personal trainer kicking my butt with a workout from hell...today was nice:). I only teared-up once as I was on the leg press machine telling Emily (my trainer) about you. Of course, I thought of you all day...I can't imagine that ever ending! But I was able to keep my emotions kinda-sorta-under-control.

Well babee, that was my weekend. I'm positive it was NOTHING like your weekend up there...but it was nice anyways:). I thank God everyday for blessing the girls and I with you...not a day goes by that your impact on our lives doesn't shine. Goodnight my love. 1434