Saturday, January 8, 2011

My confession for today

Mess w/ me, I may get hurt but I still wanna LOVE ON YOU. Mess w/ others, even strangers, and especially family & friends-I turn into a mama bear who's babies are being harmed.

I'm sure my rollercoaster of emotions had a lot to do w/ my reaction last night to that lady making rude comments toward our kids...and it's tearing me up inside that I reacted the way I did!

The words that came out of my mouth were fine. There was no name calling or anything, but my tone and my boiling blood sure made it clear that this mama bear was NOT happy!

I'm not happy with myself at all. I shoulda reacted with my usual fake smile and my mental script: "Imma pray for you because you need JESUS!" (Not out loud...in my head!) Oh, and a couple "WooooooSaaaaaa's", but instead I reacted in a way that left me feeling like crap!

Anybody there last night probably thinks I'm crazy for putting so much thought into such a minor altercation. But you know me, and anyone else who knows me well enough can understand why I'm taking this so hard!

Anyways, those are the thoughts that consumed my mind when I woke up and since you're not here to talk out loud to, I figured this would do. I miss our "Am I crazy for feeling this way..." discussions about things we just don't understand! Having one-way discussions about these things just aren't the same, and I've been having a lot of them since 11/4/2010!

Go figure, the memory verse I'm working on is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10! Maybe that's why my heart is so heavy over this?!?! "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Anyways, I'll be back. I'm gonna catch-up on a little more sleep. Luv you more sweetheart!