Thursday, February 17, 2011

Proud Momma

My oh my babee...Our Lala is all grown up! It seems like just yesterday when she was sooooo nervous about starting middle school! Now she's getting accepted into CSU's!

I'm so proud of her, and I know you are too. She was bummed for a while because she wished she could've shared her first acceptance with the both of us. I'll admit, while I was so excited for her, it did sting a bit that you werent there. I held back the tears until she left the room, come to find out she did the same. BUT, aside from missing you experiencing this milestone with us, she is really getting excited! For college, and for her future! Its all happening so fast but I'm certain its exactly what she needs after all she's been thru. I'm the proudest momma ever!

Lala's been thru sooooooo much in her young life! We've been so blessed that she didnt turn out a mess!!! I look at other girls her age who have been thru half of what she's gone thru and many are spiteful, fast, bitter and disrespectful girls who blame the world for all their hardships (and aint ashamed to let it be known!). But not our Lala! Last night (this morning) she tweeted: "I might not have a lot but I have sooo much more than I would ever need, & more than a lot of people have. It's weird to think about". Not many 17 year old girls have that mindset! Especially after losing someone who was such a huge part of her life!

I learn a lot from her everyday. She's taught me a lot about myself! She even inspires me to be a better me. She is who I wish I was at her age! Isa and Jin are so lucky to have her to look up to...

I have you to thank for so much, but the thing that sticks out in my mind the most right now is the impact you had on her life. You were her protector, comforter, tutor, and most importantly, a person she could trust. Because of you, I dont have the worries many mothers face at this stage of parenthood! Your dedication to being the best Papa you could be is something she will forever cherish and carry with her the rest of her life. (As Will Isa, Jin and I!)

Keila's life is a true and LOUD testimony to the power of prayer and a BIG love for the Lord! It is only thru HIM that she is so willing and able to resist many of the temptations of being a teenage girl in this broken world. When she falls, she never forgets who's arms are always there to pick her up, and thats such a God-thang! There are many adults, including me at times, who let their failures overcome them and end up feeling guilty and unworthy of God's love and care...but Lala knows "whose" she is!

Its so hard to imagine her away for college...BUT, like you always told me over the last year, its the best thing for her! She's got such a bright future ahead of her and I cant wait to see what the Lord has in store for her! She's gonna continue to make the world a better place and I'm so thankfully blessed to have the privlege of being her momma!

Goodnight for now baby...1434.