Friday, April 15, 2011

God's got plans for me!

I got all excited with I saw tonight's GriefShare email's subject. For a second there I thought they were FINALLY off the whole "remarriage" topic! I was wrong! BUT, the email still related to me, once I edited it:)

Godly Support from Others
Day 151

Praise God when you have received godly support and wise counsel from other people...Christ-based guidance and encouragement will help to direct your path.

God wants you to seek the advice of others, and He will give you discernment to filter out the directions that are not from Him.

"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed" (Proverbs 15:22).

Wonderful Lord, all wisdom, power, counsel, and understanding belong to You. Lead me to those people who will support me in following Your path for my life. Amen.


I never took a class on "Widowhood 101" or studied "What to expect when your spouse dies". You taking your last breath at age 32 never even crossed my mind...ever! I became a grieving widow and single-mother of 2 in one horrible minute. The minute the police officer said "there's been a collision and your husband didn't make it", EVERYTHING changed! And I wasn't prepared for any of it...

A lot of the first few weeks are a blur, but one thing I do remember is the love, godly support and wise counsel we received from friends and family. Because of the life-changing help we got from them, I now pray everyday specifically for people going through what we went through - but without loved ones by their side. My heart truly aches just to think of how alone they must feel at such an intense, painful time of their lives.

I was beyond blessed to have family who I could say "just tell me where to sign" to and trust that they'll handle all the details. Details are the LAST thing a grieving widow, who's still suffering from the shock of losing her man, wants to deal with!

God has plans for me, and I really feel that he wants to use me in some way in the capacity of reaching out and helping widows in need. I don't know what, how, or any of the details yet, but I sure didn't come-up with this idea on my own. I'm the last person to think that I am capable of helping others in my situation - at least while I'm still "goin thru it". But it's not about me. Not one bit.

Missing you will never cease, and loving you MORE will continue to grow more and more each day. Goodnight my honey-bunches-of-oats. 1434