Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Simple Moments

Of all the things I miss about you, I miss our simple moments the most...the moments that didn't cost a thing, but meant EVERYthing.

Sitting on the couch holding hands, even when it wasn't anything you were interested in. And how your head would end up on my shoulder...then you'd fall asleep. I'd end up waking you up cuz your snoring was louder than the TV. Sometimes I'd get frustrated after waking you and telling you to go sleep in the room over and over, but you'd never wanna leave my side till I was ready for bed too. I'm glad you never listened.

A lot of couples barely talk to eachother at home, let alone be affectionate with eachother. But not us! You always had your arms around me or held my hand. Asleep, awake, by ourselves, with a house full of guests, ALWAYS! We would be doing our own thing and a song would play...next thing I knew, you'd stop what you were doing, pull me away from whatever I was doing and we'd be slow dancing in the kitchen! We were like those elderly couples we see on TV that made us sigh and say "that's what I want when I'm old."

The times we'd turn everything off and just sit there on the couch and TALK. No TV, no music, just you & me talking about whatever. "Only rule - no serious talk!"

The way I held my head up high whenever I was out with you. You were like my trophy-husband! LoL Seriously though, having your arm around me was a privlege I never took for granted.

Your appetite! You made me feel like the best cook in the entire world! You were the best taste-tester ever because you'd always say you loved it from the first taste-test to the last:). Ya, you just plain liked FOOD...but you still made me feel special:)


Other than our you-and-me-special moments, i've been thinking a lot about:

The way you took papa-hood so seriously from the start! Parents -vs- Junior Giants games, being at all the girls special events (awards, dance, bungee soccer, etc) with camera in hand, seeing to it that they feel extra-celebrated on their special days, being protective over them but considerate of their feelings at the same time, your natrual concern for their best interests...and the list can go on forever! I NEVER asked you to be as active of a Papa as you were. I never told you what to say, how to act or what to do. YOU were YOU, and THAT my babee was more than I could ever have asked.

Your personality! Just the other night, Nicole and Jose and I were chillin and talking about how easily it was for you to get along with anyone and everyone. You'd always seek-out opportunities to do pranks, tell jokes, act silly...all to entertain others! You had a passion for making people HAPPY:).

FAMILY! Not just me and the girls, but with me being the youngest of 7 means-my parents, lots of siblings, nieces, nephews, grand nieces/nephews, not to mention all our friends and the rest of our extended family which meant-lots of birthday parties, holiday parties, special celebration parties, and even more "just because" parties:)! You were a big part of it all whether it was you dj'ing, Wii (Just Dance) battles, sweatin buckets playing flag football, handling everyones electronics issues, introducing your new gagets and making everyone want one, lovin and playing with all the kids (this was how we mostly remember you at family gatherings), or just hanging out conversating with everyone.

Or even the moments you and dad sit at the table talking thru the Bible during our Sunday afternoon visits to Vallejo. Just precious! Sometimes I'd wake up on the couch from a nap and just lay there listening to you two!

I really could go on forever explaining these priceless, simple moments but you could just go back and read many of my other posts and find more. But for now, I'm gonna try to get some rest. Got another long day ahead. I just get these thoughts outta my head in into this never-ending letter to you:)

Goodnight (again) hot stuff. 1434