Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back to the OC

First thing this morning, we went to visit old HAI West/PMSI friends, now working at MedVal. We chatted for a bit, catching up on what's goin on and stuff. It was so nice to see them all after all this time! If I could, I would LOVE to move back! But one thing Keila and I realized is that although it would be nice to come back to where we spent majority of our time together, it would be a million times harder because you weren't here with us. Man babe - I thought it was hard in Oakland...and even in Sac...but being out here in SoCal ain't no joke!

We went to Pick-up-Stix by our old job. Alana had their house special beef for the first time, and of course LOVED IT! ;) When we sat down, I looked out the window and realized the Best Buy. Next thing you know, a FedEx truck drove by the front of it and the girls thought I was crazy when I rushed to get my camera on to take a picture, but it was too late. I was bummed, but oh well! I'm sure that's not the only time I'll see things like that!

Then we drove around Aliso Viejo. First stop - Town Center! Keila went picture happy as we drove around remembering all the times we shared there and the funny moments that came to mind...like the time you got so mad that this kid was disrespecting you by taking his sweet time crossing the street thinking he was cool with his friends, and you almost jumped out of the car and got all OAKLAND on his butt!!! LoL

We went to our first apartment, then up to Grand Park. Grand Park brought up a ton of memories and emotions! All the times we'd bring the kids there to play...and the Sunday's we bring our lunch there and sit at the same picnic table everytime. Or the OC Bootcamp I attempted at 5am in the mornings, and you'd be there to motivate me. And of course the many walks we took around the park. The view is just as gorgeous as I remember! I cried like a baby and told your story, and our story, to an old couple who walked by and took the time to chat with me. It was so sweet babee...I could tell they were so in love, just like us. After they walked on, I cried more because I started thinking about how we'd always talk about how we were gonna grow old and gray together and still be all lovey-dovey making others say "awe, how sweet" or wanna throw-up:)! Hahaha

We drove by our old condo. Keila noticed it's for sale! The pool area sparked even more memories of the 10,432,543,999 BBQ's/pool parties we had there! (That's a lot! LoL) I pictured you at the grill, the girls in the pool, and me at the table w/ friends playing dominoes. Man, I wish we can all do that just one more time...

We went to Macaroni Grill with the Ross family. Remember when we first met Lisa after growing to love Trey and Tristen? It was at the same Macaroni Grill! We did a lot of reminiscing and catching up...I thanked Lisa for sending Trey out for the viewing and funeral. I always knew you considered Trey to be the son you never had, but to know that you were such a father figure to him...and that Lisa acknowledged it too, was so comforting! Lisa and I talked about the many times you mentored him and gave him those "father-son" talks whenever he needed them. She shared with me the fact that he spoke of you in his college application essays too! That shows just how much you were born to be a father! It came so natural babee!!!

Sometime this week, maybe next week, I wanna post all the pictures for you. I'm sure you'll get a kick outta some of the pic's we took! But for now, you're just gonna have to wait! ;) We have another day of picture taking ahead. So goodnight (or good morning) for now honey-bunches-of-oats. I love you more:)!