Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 13, 2010 at 3:11am

So, this morning started off w/ Keila and I doing laundry. We found a laundromat that you would've LOVED! Free Wi-Fi, plugs, tables and chairs, $3 regular-sized wash, and FREE DRY! It was like laundry-heaven for geeks!!! LoL Once we were done with the laundry, we got ready and headed to VBC for the Christmas Concert/Play. We brought cookies for Isa to share with the other kids for her b'day, and we got one of those huge balloons that play the happy b'day song when you hit it, kinda like the one we got for daddy on his bday in June:)

We got there early and I went up to the choir room to give a little token of our gratitude to the Worship Ministry for their continued prayers, support, and for blessing us with their music at your 11/10 viewing. As soon as I walked in, I felt an overwhelming sense of LOVE! Kind of how we talked about feeling when we attended the worship retreat last year...like family! I didn't cry (yet) though. I'll admit, I was a bit taken back by the memories of being in that very room with you for rehearsals, so I hope I didn't come across as a little "off", but I did give some hugs and kisses before Deb let me get on the mic. By the time I said my 3rd word, I was already in tears. Words cannot express how much Valley means to us! Lifelong friendships, Grace AND Truth teachings, it's where we first served together, and it's where we first experienced what the term "Church FAMILY" felt like! It was there that we met the Johnsons and followed God's leading to be a part of the Refuge Community Church launch team, where you poured your heart and soul into. Baby, I so greatly miss serving beside you.

Sister/Cuzin/Friend/Cumare Sue was in town with her family and came to watch with us. We didn't get to talk much, but the loving and encouraging words we did exchange were enough. I just love how we have that kind of friendship...we've known eachother since the 1st grade, never really "kicked it", but never needed to. We just kept in touch thru the years and now we're two women who love to serve and love the Lord! I/we really wish you got to meet her...but it's all good cuz she knows of your amazingness thru me:).

I cried a bit throughout the play, but not too much. There was a toy store scene this year that I'm pretty sure you woulda been in with Isa/Jin. There was no "tent snuggie" commercial this time around, but the new ones woulda had you laughing your booty off!!! The music was beautiful, and the girls were so cute! I looked up at the AV booth a couple of times and imagined you up there, or on camera somewhere.

Afterwards, we went to Mels Diner (Fentons in Vacaville was closed) to have a little family dinner for Isa's b'day. Can you believe she turned 10 at midnight?!?! Keila keeps talking about how you were called home right before Isa hit the double-digits, Jin became a teenager, and she turned 18. All significant b'days! I told her I'd kick your butt for her if I could;) LoL.

Anyways, Keila and I are gonna finish up the goodie-bags for Isa's classmates, then call it a night. We're hittin the gym again tomorrow to get sore again (oh fun!). I just wanna remind you that you're on my brain 24/7 and I love you more:)